Join us at 1st annual conference of Automotive Historians Australia this September, to explore automotive histories, and driving futures.
Look forward to a range of exciting papers from local and international speakers, reflecting on the past, and projecting what the future for automotive industries may hold. An exciting centrepiece of these sessions is the Inaugural Ron Tauranac Lecture, to be delivered by invited author Professor Penny Sparke, author of the acclaimed book A Century of Car Design.
With this combination of academic, enthusiast and social events centring around the RMIT Design Hub, this conference is not to be missed for students, academics and researchers in design, engineering and related fields!
Hosted by RMIT Design Archives, RMIT School of Architecture and Design, and Monash University Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture, this exciting conference program includes:
- RACV Harley Tarrant Cocktail Party: RACV City Club
- Inaugural Ron Tauranac Lecture: Professor Penny Sparke at RMIT Design Hub
- Conference dinner: The Lincoln in Carlton
- Conference paper sessions and AHA Annual General Meeting: RMIT Design Hub
- Motor enthusiast displays (artefacts/ memorabilia/ documents/ posters/ drawings): RMIT Design Hub
- Automotive Collection Site Tour: Various sites around Melbourne
Registration and bookings
Buy your tickets online
Tickets prices vary. Existing AHA members and students qualify for a range of discounts to gain access to this exciting inaugural conference.
Early bird prices available until August 10, 2016!
Find out more
The full conference program will be hosted on the Automotive Historians Australia (AHA) website, closer to the conference.
Follow the event on Facebook.